Saturday, July 23, 2011

Picking Up Speed, Thunderstorms, Flies!!

Me and pops seem to have hit our stride. Each day we're managing to go a bit further. Today we made it 65 miles, despite being caught in a storm! Or perhaps it was because we were in a storm. As my dad says, not having a choice is good incentive.

Yesterday we biked around 57 miles to Glidden, WI. We had a bug filled evening camping in the city park. They had a cool tank there.






The scenery is fantastic out here. Rolling hills and lots of lakes. Lots of deer flies also. Dad is getting eaten more than me, due to my faster speed uphill, I suspect. There have been some epic chase scenes the last few days where I can look in my mirror and I see a swarm of giant flies chasing me.









Nathan is kicking butt in Montana at his field course, so I'll mix it up a bit and post some pics That he sent me of where he is.






His pictures may have won this round. I'll get you back, Andersen!

Looking forward to getting into the UP in the next few days. Can't wait to get home and see all my friends again.

Onwards!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:County Highway M,,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment