Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Slow Progress In High Heat

Well, we're trucking along. My dad is keeled over in the grass right now from exhaustion. He's having a rough time of it-he also smooshed his big toe on a rock when we were camping a few days ago






It's pretty hot out, but not quite as muggy as it has been.

After leaving the Twin Cities we camped north of Osceola at Interstate State Park. I was worried it would be closed because of the MN government shutdown, but the park is luckily run by Wisconsin (although they have their own issues right now...). At night, the woods around the campsite filled with fireflies, which lent a bit of enchantment to the evening. Someone left firewood at our campsite too, so I got to have my first campfire of the trip.



I want to point out to Andrew that in addition to there being the previously-mentioned Andrews Lake in MN, there is also a Taylors Falls!



Last night we camped on Fox Creek, and kept cool by sticking our feet in the water off of the dock. Now we're at Bear Lake, which is near Haugen, WI.

I'm anxious to pick up the pace, so I can be at home in Seattle for a few days before I leave town for good (well, for two years). Weather is supposed to cool down somewhat after today, so I'm hopeful.

Brittany: I've been thinking a lot about the state-rating. I'm gonna do a post about that next, and just fit in WI and MN to the ranking once I'm done. I might post that later today, since I have all afternoon to kill now!

Missing everyone!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:U.S. 53,Rice Lake,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment